- Completely Online Exam : Examinations for all the 21 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- For Female Candidates : Unlike GATE-2013, in GATE-2014, Female candidates have to pay the application fee (Rs.750) , as required by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- GATE score : A new formula will be used for calculating the GATE score.
- Pre-final year students: Pre-final year students are NOT eligible to write GATE 2013. For details, refer to eligibility for GATE examination.
- GATE 2014 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. Examinations for some of the papers in GATE 2014 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- Application Process: Just as in GATE 2013, for GATE-2014 all candidates’ related information will be available in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode only by accessing any of the zonal GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs. Candidates must upload his/her photograph and signature during online application. The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photograph affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE offices along with necessary documents, if any, on or before 10thOctober 2013.
- Please note that application forms are not available for sale anywhere else.
- Downloadable Admit Card: Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post. Admit cards can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites. The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. It may be noted that one of the following photo identifications is ONLY permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Employee identification card, or a notarized affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. The details of this ID proof have to be given while filling the online application.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The question paper for GATE 2014 will consist of questions of multiple-choice type and questions of numerical answer type. For multiple choice type questions, candidates have to choose the answer from the given choices. For numerical answer type questions, choices will not be given. Candidates have to enter a number as the answer using a virtual keypad.
Sunday, 14 July 2013
Whats new in GATE - 2014
By Chahit Kumar 3:35 am G.A.T.E. Exam