- Cancer Biology
- Plant Biology
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Bioinformatics and Genomics
- Provide college undergraduates an opportunity to conduct original research
- Enable interactions with scientists from graduate students to Principle Investigators
- Introduce them to the physical and intellectual tools necessary for biological research
- Inform them about the major questions now under investigation in the biomedical and life sciences
- Promote interactions among students of diverse backgrounds
In addition to their research, URP students attend a series of seminars and special events designed specifically for them. At the URP Symposium, held at the end of each summer, students present a summary of their research to the entire CSHL community. Each participant also writes a scientific abstract, and a final report to describe his or her project.
Dates and Deadlines
The deadline for receipt of completed applications, including letters of recommendation, is January 15, 2014. Applications will not be reviewed if they are received after the deadline. Notification of application status will be sent to students by the end of March 2014.
The 2014 URP Program will be held from Tuesday, June 3 - Saturday, August 9, 2014.
A stipend of $5000 will be paid for the 10-week period. All room & board expenses will be covered.
LAST DATE TO APPLY :January 15, 2014
For more details & to apply, visit : >> CSHL’s Undergraduate Research Program (URP) <<