Every year the MTTS-headquarter receive a large number of applications from all parts of the country. Due to limitation of resources and seats, a large number of deserving students do not get an opportunity to participate in main camp of the MTTS. In order to provide opportunities to more number of students at regional levels, a Mini-MTTS programme has been initiated and which runs on the same line as the main MTTS.
A two week Mini Mathematics Training and Talent Search (Mini-MTTS) Programme will be organized during December 9-21, 2013 at the School of Basic Sciences, IIT Bhubaneswar to provide an opportunity to Mathematics students in the Eastern Region, in particular the state of Odisha for imparting training in basics of Mathematics.
- Academic Programmes: There will be courses in Foundations, Linear Algebra and Real Analysis. The aim of the instructions is not to give routine lectures but to involve the students in participatory learning and to think and discover mathematical results. The faculty members are active mathematicians with a commitment to teaching and are from various leading institutions.
- Eligibility: First year or Second year B.Sc. (Hons) students in Mathematics.
- Venue: Toshali Bhawan, IIT Bhubaneswar, Sataynagar, Bhubaneswar- 751007, Odisha
- Selection: The selection will be purely on merit, based on consistently good academic record and the recommendation letter from the mathematics professor closely acquainted with the candidate.
- Candidates selected for the programme will be paid sleeper class return train fare or state bus transport fare by the shortest route and will be provided free board and lodging for the entire duration of the course.
LAST DATE TO APPLY :October 10, 2013
For more details & to apply, visit : >> Mini MTTS 2013 - IIT Bhubaneswar's Page <<